Audi, MD Elizabeth Ryan, MD
Leilani R. Senador, MD, FPDS
Confluent and Reticulated Papillomatosis (CRP) is a rare acquired ichthyosiform dermatosis due to aberrant keratinization which presents as persistent scaly brown papules. (1) It is usually located on the proximal part of the body such as the neck, axilla and upper trunk. The name of the disease came from the characteristic pattern of the lesions, which appear in the center as confluent and netlike in the periphery. 1 It is mostly asymptomatic and is seen in young adults. Due to the rarity of the disease it is usually misdiagnosed as tinea versicolor.
Gougerot, Carteaud, reticulated papillomatosis
2. Vassileva S, Pramatarov K, Popova L. Ultraviolet light-induced confluent and reticulated papillomatosis. J Am Acad Dermatol 1989;21(2 Pt 2):413-4.
3. Davis MDP, Weenig RH, Camilleri MJ.. Br J Dermatol. 2006;154(2):287–293.
4. Montemarano AD, Hengge M, Sau P, Welch M. Confluent and reticulated papillomatosis: response to minocycline. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1996;34(2 Pt 1):253–256.
5. Smith K, Leyden JJ. Safety of doxycycline and minocycline: A systematic review. Clin Ther. 2005. 27(9):1329-42.
6. Huang W, Ong G, Chong W. Clinicopathological and diagnostic characterisation of confluent and reticulated papillomatosis of Gougerot and Carteaud: a retrospective study in a southeast-asian population. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2015;16(2):131–136.
7. Angeli-Besson C, Koeppel MC, Acquet PJ, Andrac L, Sayag J. Confluent and reticulated papilomatosis (Gourgerot-Carteaud) treated with tetracyclines. Int J Dermatol. 1995;34(8):567–569. )
8. Davis MDP, Weenig RH, Camilleri MJ. Confluent and reticulated papillomatosis (Gougerot-Carteaud syndrome): a minocycline-responsive dermatosis without evidence for yeast in pathogenesis. A study of 39 patients and a proposal of diagnostic criteria. Br J Dermatol. 2006;154(2):287–293.)
Authors: Katrina Carmela M. Belen, MD, DPDS, Jasmin J.Jamora, MD, FPDS , Ma. Cecilia P. Ingente MD, DPDSAbstractBackground: Dermoscopy, a non-invasive diagnostic tool, has been proven to improve the diagnostic accuracy of vascular tumors since it can aid in...
A randomized, double-blind, comparative study on the safety and efficacy of virgin coconut (Cocos nucifera l.) oil against 1% hydrocortisone lotion as an anti-inflammatory and antipruritic preparation for mosquito reactions
Authors: Uy, Veronica S, MD; Gracia B. Teodosio, MD, FPDS; Ma. Teresita G. Gabriel, MD, FPDS; Mary Catherine T. Galang, MD; Mohammad Yoga A. Waskito, MD; Johannes F. Dayrit, MD, FPDS Abstract Background: Virgin coconut oil (VCO) has been reported...
Primary Cutaneous Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (PC-ALCL) is a rare Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) representing approximately 9% of all cutaneous lymphomas.3 It usually manifests as a slow-growing, solitary tumor which has a tendency to regress spontaneously. However, metastasis is reported in 5-10% of cases.