Authors: Krisinda Clare C. Dim-Jamora, MD,1,2,3 Zharlah Gulmatico-Flores, MD, Stephen Lacson, MD, Ma.Cricelda Rescober-Valencia, MD, Francesca Sy-Alvarado, MD, Irene Gaile Robredo-Vitas, MD, Maria Cecilia Ingente-Tablante, MD, Teresita Ferrariz, MD, Agnes Thaebtharm, MD
Introduction: Facial aesthetic injectables using soft tissue fillers and neurotoxins have been used for decades as part
of the armamentarium to enhance, restore, and attenuate aging skin.
1. Avram M, Bertucci V, Cox SE, Jones D, Mariwalla K. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Guidance Regarding SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine
Side Effects in Dermal Filler Patients December 29, 2020. Accessed January 19, 2021. https://www. asds.net/Portals/0/PDF/secure/ASDS-SARSCoV-2-Vaccine-Guidance.pdf.
2. Gotkin R; Gout U; Sattler S; Piansay-Soriano ES, Wanitphakdeedechka R, et al. Global Recommendations on COVID-19 Vaccines and Soft Tissue
Filler Reactions: A Survey-Based Investigation in Cooperation With the International Society for Dermatologic and Aesthetic Surgery (ISDS).
Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 2021; Vol 20 Issue 4: 217-221. doi:10.36849/JDD.2021.6041.
3. ASPS Guidance Concerning FDA Reported Adverse Events in Patients with Dermal Fillers Receiving the SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine. https://
4. Guidance now includes information on the adenovirus vector Johnson & Johnson vaccine11-Mar-2021 10:30 AM EST, American College of
Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI). https://www.newswise.com/coronavirus/acaai-updates-guidance-on-risk-of-allergic-reactionsto-covid-19-vaccines/?article_id=747642.
5. The Aesthetics Society: Facial Fillers and COVID-19 Vaccine. https://www.surgery.org/professionals/covid-19/facial-fillers-and-covid-19-
6. Mohammed G Turkmani, Koenraad De Boulle, Wolfgang G Philipp-Dormston. Delayed hypersensitivity reaction to hyaluronic acid dermal filler
following influenza-like illness Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2019; 12: 277–283. doi: 10.2147/CCID.S198081
Syringocystadenoma papilliferum arising from a nevus sebaceus mimicking squamous cell carcinoma in a Filipino female: A case report
Authors: Maria Kristina R. Fajardo, MD, Daisy King-Ismael, MD, FPDS,Bernardita O. Policarpio, MD, FPDSAbstract INTRODUCTION :Syringocystadenoma papilliferum (SCAP) is a relatively rare benign adnexal skin tumor which can manifest in a variety of clinical forms. Nearly...
Drug-induced chronic bullous disease of childhood in a two-year-old Filipino male triggered by cefaclor or cefuroxime: A case report
Authors: Sher Claranza O. Liquido, MD, Maria Jasmin J. Jamora, MD, FPDSAbstract Introduction: N Chronic bullous disease of childhood (CBDC) is a rare immune-mediated subepidermal vesiculobullous eruption, characterized by linear IgA deposition along the basement...
Authors: Ma. Corazon A. Iniego-Rodas, MD, DPDS, Maria Franchesca Quinio, MD, FPDS, DDSP-PDS, Charlene Ang-Tiu, MD, FPDSAbstract INTRODUCTION : Lupus panniculitis (LP) is an unusual type of cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) wherein the cutaneous inflammatory reaction...