Authors:Lim, Elize Maria Therese U., MDa
Carpio, Benedicto dL, MD, FPDSb
Regalado-Morales, Eileen, MD, FPDSb
Tanglao-De Guzman, Amelita, MD, FPDSb
Lapitan-Torres, Armelia, MD, FPDSb
Nevus comedonicus is a rare developmental anomaly of the pilosebaceous unit presenting as grouped dilated follicular orifices plugged with keratin. The comedones are usually arranged unilaterally along the lines of Blaschko. As of year
2000, only 200 cases have been reported.
1. Guldbakke KK, Khachemoune A, Deng A , Sina B. Naevus comedonicus: a spectrum of body involvement. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2007; 32 (5): 488-492
2. Cuda JD, Rangwala S, Taube JM. Fitzpatrick’s dermatology in general medicine. 9th Edition. Kang S, Amagai M, Bruckner AL, Enk AH, Margolis DJ, McMichael AJ, Orringer JS. New York, US: McGraw-Hill Education; 2019. Chapter 108, Benign epithelial tumors, hamartomas, and hyperplasias ; p. 1799-1812
3. Tchernev G, Ananiev J, Semkova K, Dourmishev, Shonlebe J, Wollina W . Nevus comedonicus: an updated review. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2013. 3 (1):33–40
4. Najmi M, Sharp L, Kollipara R, Tarbox M. Improvement of nevus comedonicus after repeated microneedling. JAAD Case Rep. 2020 Jan 30;6(2):152-153.
5. Wen X, Li Y, Xiang MD, PhD; Li, Y, Hamblin, MR. A microneedling fractional radiofrequency device for the treatment of nevus comedonicus. Dermatol Surg. 2020; 46 (1): 148-150
Authors: Katrina Carmela M. Belen, MD, DPDS, Jasmin J.Jamora, MD, FPDS , Ma. Cecilia P. Ingente MD, DPDSAbstractBackground: Dermoscopy, a non-invasive diagnostic tool, has been proven to improve the diagnostic accuracy of vascular tumors since it can aid in...
A randomized, double-blind, comparative study on the safety and efficacy of virgin coconut (Cocos nucifera l.) oil against 1% hydrocortisone lotion as an anti-inflammatory and antipruritic preparation for mosquito reactions
Authors: Uy, Veronica S, MD; Gracia B. Teodosio, MD, FPDS; Ma. Teresita G. Gabriel, MD, FPDS; Mary Catherine T. Galang, MD; Mohammad Yoga A. Waskito, MD; Johannes F. Dayrit, MD, FPDS Abstract Background: Virgin coconut oil (VCO) has been reported...
Primary Cutaneous Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (PC-ALCL) is a rare Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) representing approximately 9% of all cutaneous lymphomas.3 It usually manifests as a slow-growing, solitary tumor which has a tendency to regress spontaneously. However, metastasis is reported in 5-10% of cases.